Thursday, November 26, 2009

ThanksGiving


If I am only in the US today, I would of celebrate my first year became a US resident. Last year, when I got in the US it was thanksgiving day. And I just remember the moment when I stepped out from the airport of Seattle to our next flight for Pasco, I was just frozen, so shock with the cold. It was last November 27, 2009. I just couldn't believe the coldness of the country. Plus I know I got there the in the wrong season. But God was there for me, Who helped me to be able to adjust the climate. I remember that I always had headache for my sinus attacked. I know by this times in WA is so cold already, it was even so cold when we flew for here in the Philippines. I had sinus attacked at the airport and had severe headache in the airplane, I didn't like to eat. But thanks to my hubby, he brought some Tylenol PM and it really helps my headache right away, and I was able to sleep in the plane too plus the flight was great.

But anyway, today is my second celebration of thanksgiving and my first thanksgiving here in the Philippines. Honestly, I didn't know what thanksgiving was all about. I may seen it on tv but I didn't really care about it. Well, few days ago, my girl friend had a cut out magazine of turkey and all the contacts. I was interested to let my family came over to have some turkey. But we got busy and I forgot to tell my family ahead of time and plus I thought thanksgiving is the 27th of November just like last year. So, yesterday my hubby showed me some newspapers with turkey infos and it says the 26th is the Buffet. So I started to get confuse why they will have the buffet on the 26th if it is for thanksgiving day? And you know yesterday was the 26th. My hubby started to asked me, " what day is today?" so I told him its thursday the 26th of November. And he said that its thanksgiving day then. Am like "what?" its not the 27th yet?. Then he told me that doesnt matter about the date, it is about the last thursday of november. I had no idea about it. I really thought that it is the 27th of November. So I started calling the outfit to order some turkey but it is too late for home delivery. But they have buffet somewhere in Lapu-lapu. And I didnt even think to go to the buffet because the way going to such place is very remote and I couldn't call my sister to borrow her multicab because my bro-in law is using it. But, we ended up joining our friends for thanksgiving and we had a good thanksgiving night.

No comments: