Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hate/Love Her

Last night, It happened that my husband and I talked about our monster school teacher back in our Island in Bohol. She is teaching 1st and 2nd grader, and she was my teacher too. I just remember alot of things about her. I remember that she was so mean to her students. As a first grader, we didn't know much. She teached us really really hard. First thing in the morning as soon as we get into the school, she would have us go outside and pull grass and do alot of cleaning outside. Then after that, we all go inside our classroom after flag ceremony and she would check our nails if it's dirty or not, she also looked for long nails or painted nails and then if she see one, she will hit our fingers with stick. Then, when she start discussing to us we must all listen because after than she will give us an exam and if we dont pass the exam she will have us sit on the air. Can you imagine sitting on the air? You'll stand on your toes, then knees are bend, your arms forward. Then our knees would start to shake and we get really sweaty. It was too bad really, its unthinkable discipline.

During our math subject, she will call us one by one and have us solve on problem solving on the blackboard. And if we dont know anything, she will pinch our groin, chicks, and her eyes would go really BIG! That big eyes alone scared the heck out of us!. But just to be honest, I loved that teacher after all. Because the meanier she showed us the more encouraged we are to study really hard so that we will not get spanked, pinched, etc. And I learned alot!! of that school teacher. Im proud to say that, I started to learn my english from her. Because I was so scared of her. Im not saying that I have perfect english, but I can speak good enough to communicate to english people.

Anyway, since our only school teacher in 1st and 2nd grader is so mean, my younger brother didn't go to that school. He went to the main island of Bohol instead and stayed with our aunt and then go back to our island when he was 3rd grader. But I dont know if that teacher still teaching at this time because my brother is now almost 17yrs old and she was getting old when my younger brother had to skip of her. But my husband and I have a plan to go visit that school teacher of mine next time we go back to Philippines, we didnt think about that before.

No comments: