Friday, December 18, 2009

Love my Country

I grew up in one of the little islands in the Philippines. Although poor but no known problems back there. People there were just happy and satisfied with thier lifestyle (dont know any better life) but im still so proud with that island because, I learned alot of hard times over there.

Eventhough we're so poor but my parents managed to put us in school to do better in the future. In fact I think many people there were jelous to my parents because they were able to put us to school eventhough were just belong to the poorest people in the world. But, we had this good heart that whoever graduated and have a job will put the next younger ones to school too. So my parents didnt pay for everything. Im so proud with my older brother and sisters too. I just feel thier love for me. We feel love for each other. But anyway, at the age of around 13 or 14 I moved in to the city which another island but way bigger, to proceed my study and have more opportunity in the city than back in the island were I grew up.

Me and my family had commitment to help each other specially our parents. My parents are not helpless but we want them to enjoy life since they are getting older. Thats what I've always dream about, for my parents since I was little girl. And im glad that my older sisters and brother are doing better since they moved in to the city. Except for my oldest sister and brother in law who choosed to be a voluntary missionary of Seventh Day Adventist Reform Movement (SDARM). They used to have small business and my sister had a good job but they quit eveything because they had to work saturday. Instead, they choose to be a voluntary missionary. They are very special people in my family. And im sure God is very happy of what they are doing. They have been doing this for so many years now eventhough not financially abundant but God didnt let them totally down.

Anyways, Im so proud about my country even it is just poor country but WE ARE SURVIVORS!! no one can beat that. Here is a picture of one of the island that I took when we were headed to Bohol island. I love the white beach even if this is not fully developed island.





PS: I also adore the US with its amazing nature!!!

2 comments:

tx sweetie said...

mura naman jud kag dakung taw manulti or mosuwat bataa ka lupigan man kos thoughts exerted in this entry oi.

reply to ur message below, willing jud ko motabang you gen without asking anything but your friendship. also i treat you like my sister napud oi that's why..kay ug dili ka duol sa ako heart dili taka tabangan sa tanan. ikaw nalang ako sister kay nawala naman tong usa kanhi suod naku...
dili nalang ko maghandum ug magdahom ato niya kay nana siya own world.

Gene Y said...

oist..... thanks kaau jud ANNE... I know daku na kaau kog utang nimo ai.. I highly respect you. Ambot matawag jud ko nimog magdrama ai.. but its true jud u know that for sure.. that your one of my closest friend!!!