Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Truck enhancement

My husband have some heavy equipments and trucks, and it is important for us to know the parts and its function, so that we will know the problem if we encounter one. That's why I thought that going to auto diesel mechanic basic course will be helpful to me, but I admit that I didn't learn anything. But, I still think that it would be cool if I would know about engines parts. So, I asked my husband a few times of things related to trucks, heavy equipments, and it's engines, but he only told me so little at a time. Well, I have another option, and that is going online and search about things that I want to know, but alot of times I dont know the key word for my search. But anyway, as I did my search I figured that it is not only important for me to learn the parts and its functions but it is also important to know the modern systems. I learned that it is valuable to add a performance chip to the trucks/vehicles. Because it allows you too optimize your air/fuel ratio, since the main purpose and goal adding performace chip is to gain more power and gas mileage while still maintaining engine realibility.

Air intake has also important function to the engine and is classifies as cold air intake which used to bring lower temperature air into a car's internal-combustion engine, to increase engine power and efficiency and warm air intake is a system to decrease the amount of the air going into the car for a purpose of increasing the fuel economy of the internal combustion engine. There is also other popular for performance enhacement and that is the cat back exhaust systems.

It is nice for me to learn these things so that I can share it with my hubby, who probably already knew these.

No comments: